Well, my 1st week as a mommy of THREE has officially come to a close. And I must say, having Marv back from his deployment has been a HUGE help! Not only am I loving having HIM back and enjoying his company and companionship, but he’s also able to take care of the two “big” kids while I can focus on little Monroe.
So, since I’m no longer pregnant, I decided to do another video – “Post Baby Fitness – Part 2” – going a tiny bit more in depth with things I did during pregnancy to keep me active, and how I’m doing now at 7 days post partum:
Basically, here’s what I’ve done during this pregnancy:
– KEPT busy! Got involved more with crafting (did a craft fair), sold some of those crafts on Etsy (hats and jewelry), started sewing, made kids Halloween costumes, playdates, playgrounds, etc.
– Joined Beachbody and started Shakeology while 6 months pregnant
– Tried to stay active walking – going on daily walks with the kids around the neighborhood and also intentionally parking farther while out doing errands
– LOW impact exercise (mainly watching and preparing myself mentally for when I’d be able to physically do those exercises in the months to come)
– my daily Shakeology seriously cut down on any junk food and sweets cravings I had and all I wanted to eat were “clean” things like fruits, veggies, and whole, healthy foods. I was therefore eating much healthier this pregnancy than I was during my other 2, allowing me to gain HEALTHY pounds with great quality nutrients instead of just “weight”.
– AND – I should also throw in there – taking care of 2 kids who love their mama…and love for me to pick them up….constantly, lol. My arms got some serious workouts holding my 23lb 2 year old, and my 33 lb 3.5 year old. Who needs to lift weights when you have kids, right?
7 days out, I physically feel fantastic and just about 99% of my “normal” self. I credit this in LARGE part to my daily Shakeology shakes in addition to staying active, getting outside and MOVING! 🙂 Ready for the scary part?! Well….for me anyways. Since I’m trying to be real here, and prove how confident I am with crediting Shakeology to helping me physically bounce back after having my 3rd baby…….here’s some photo proof!
Anyways, every ‘body’ is different, every pregnancy is different, but this was my experience during this 3rd pregnancy and what I did that kept me healthy and active during it that I feel really contributed to my overall wellness now, 1 week after having Monroe.