So many times, I’ve been asked “What is Shakeology?” I finally figured, why not put as much detail into a post as possible so everyone can be better informed and fully understand my love for this product? Below is my list of pros and cons of Shakeology 🙂
1. Nutrition – has 23 Vitamins and Minerals, ensuring you’re getting your daily supply in!
2. Convenience – who has time to find/put together 70+ quality ingredients from all over the world into one simple shake? If you do, then great…if not – reach for a Shakeology shake! How easy is it to scoop your shake powder into a shaker cup on your way out the door? Seconds….and you have a nutritionally dense meal in your hands.
3. Quality Ingredients – mostly non-GMO and organic ingredients! Also 2 vegan options for those who don’t want lactose, soy or dairy in their diets. NO artificial ingredients including NO artificial sweeteners (i.e. sucralose) as found in most other shakes on the market.
4. Digestion – has prebiotics, probiotics and digestive enzymes which aid in improving digestion, regularity, and nutrition absorption (GREAT for pregnancy digestion!)
5. Immune System – Adaptogens , antioxidants and phytonutrients (plant-sourced ingredients) help to promote strong immune systems. Since starting Shakeology 3.5 months ago, I haven’t been sick one single time!
6. Helps to reduce food cravings – I can personally vouch for this one – I used to be an ALL day and ALL night snacker. Since starting Shakeology, my snacking cravings have all virtually disappeared….seriously. I’m therefore able to focus on adding quality meals to my diet vs. empty calories via snacks all day long – resulting in very healthy weight gain during this 3rd pregnancy.
I could go on and on about all the great things I LOVE about Shakeology but lets get to some cons as I’m sure some of you are thinking about some of those too:
1. PRICE – yes, a month’s worth of Shakeology may lead to an initial sticker shock. At $130 for a 30-serving supply, it’s definitely not the “cheapest” thing on the market. HOWEVER, you get what you pay for, and, at roughly $4/shake (meal) this is so do-able! Compare this $4 dose of dense nutrition to a calorie filled Starbucks Frapp, or a fast food meal, or a bag of chips on the run….what will come out ahead in terms of health/nutrition value AND price? Sometimes those Starbucks drinks are $5+!?! Yes there’s an initial investment involved, BUT if you’re committed to putting quality ingredients into you body, you will find a way! (and your body will thank you for it) We are on a budget, but every month, we specifically set aside money to purchase enough enough Shakeology for us both. Our health and nutrition is something we will not sacrifice! We always make it work with our budget 🙂
2. The scary MLM appearance – Yes, Beachbody is, by definition, a MLM (multi-level-marketing) company. However, this company rely’s on primarily word-of-mouth marketing to get their products out there, recognized, and sampled. Who would want to sell something that they didn’t 150% believe in and live by? Beachbody encourages to “Be proof the product works.” In personally using Shakeology, I can vouch from 1st hand experience that it works – it works in boosting my immune system, energy level, reduce cravings, and make me feel all around GREAT and HEALTHY. Through my personal experience, I’m therefore more than willing to share my experience and thoughts on it through word-of-mouth.
Sometimes, as much as someone can “talk” about a product, it’s best to “watch” a short video about it. Heard of Tony Horton before? (founder of P90X, P90X2, P90X3, etc) – here’s his take on Shakeology 🙂
Interested in more info? I can talk days on Shakeology….I feel it’s done so much for my personal health, nutrition, and overall well being. Leave a comment or
click here—–> www.myshakeology.com/AmberYamada